07 February 2006

Wild Goose Chase

Ahhhhhhhhh!...*grumble*

So the libraries. I´m looking for one book, Nacimiento del Cristianismo (birth of christianity). First, I need a student card. The day after I arrive, I go to my office and ask for a card. It´ll take 3 business days and won´t be ready till next Tuesday. So that was last week, I get my card. Yay! Find out the next day, that I still can´t check out books, now I need a bar code on my card. It´s too late to go to the library services office now, so I go the next day, last Thursday. I trek across town, and they tell me it´ll take another 3 business days; come back Tuesday. Today, I go back this morning. They haven´t done anything with my card, but they tell me to wait and it takes 3 minutes to get me a bar code. 3 minutes! I waited 5 days for that. Okay good, so they told me my book was in the Filosophía library, and I go there. Turns out it´s in the Filología library. Filolo...whatever. What is Filología anyway? No one seems to know. And of course, this building is on the other side of town...20 minutes later I arrive at the Facultad de Filología. I find out there are actually 2 buildings for this discipline, and of course, I´m at the wrong one...10 minutes later. This time I´m at the right building, but the library is actually just down the street...3 minutes later. Librarian checks, and the book is not checked out and shows me on a map of the library where to find it. Huzzah...I go there...I look...it´s not there. Why would it be there? What was I thinking? Of course it´s not there. 2 copies of the book, missing. So I now have a useable library card, I know where the correct library is, and this information is utterly useless to me.
*Angry*

3 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh honey..

thats hilarious :-D

 
At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I concur with susie :)
and it was told exactly how I imagine you running about the city and then having the "angry" face on :)

 
At 5:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry! 10 years from now you'll look back on this day and just laugh your head off, even if you can't right now! (although the rest of us are :-) He he he....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home