27 January 2006

First Day

Today I mostly wandered around the city. I found my school, the Cursos Internacionales department, and the school of history where all of my classes will be. The historic entrance to the school is ornately carved stone, and while I don’t think it’s beautiful, it’s impressive. The cathedral is, of course, ginormous. I’ll have to see the inside later. The Plaza Mayor or el centro, is really fantastic. It’s a huge stone courtyard surrounded by one continuous building. It’s about a 10 minute walk from my house. I think I’m really going to like the city, especially if I start understanding Spanish.

1 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I was wondering who was in Salamanca. I studied there for a month several years ago and I heard they've cleaned it up a bit since.

If you have time to travel, the most amazing experience for me was a visit to Montserrat, where there's a nice little Benedictine monastery. It's out near Barcelona, but I don't really have a clue how to get there anymore.

Good luck, enjoy your stay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home