28 January 2006

Classes

Well, I start classes Monday. As it is right now, I have only 3 classes, because I can add classes, but cannot drop them. I’m planning on going to 4 for the first two weeks at which point I have to decide whether or not to add the fourth. Right now I have The Music of Spain in the 17th and 18th Centuries, Social Movements in Contemporary Spain, The Primitive Christianity (Study of history and spread of Christianity following the death of Christ), and Cultural Anthropology of Iberoamerica. I have classes all day Monday and Tuesday but none on Wednesday and Friday. I can’t complain. If I can afford to skip a Thursday class, I can take a 5 day weekend to travel.

On an unrelated note. There really are many more smokers here. I can’t say that everyone smokes, but there are so many and I figure you can’t be smoking all the time such that it’s got to be a considerable percentage. The only thing that outnumbers the many Tobacco stores is the banks. There are a bajillion banks. There’s a Caja Duero next to a Santander next to another Caja Duero near my school. There’s even a Banco Espiritu Santo which is Holy Spirit Bank. It makes me laugh anyway. Oh and now I have a picture of the Plaza Mayor at night. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful picture!
i'm glad to hear you made it safely.
thats kind of odd that they don't let you drop classes... i guess thats a surefire way to make sure you try your hardest not to fail.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home