11 April 2006

Tortilla...how you taunt me so

Now that I've settled in for the most part, I've been trying to cook a few 'Spanish' dishes. I'm starting easy, and there are a few things I can do that don't really count as cooking that do count as Spanish. This includes beans and chorizo, bread at every meal, nesquik for breakfast, and flan....mmm...flan. Tortilla should be simple. It's potatoes, eggs, onion, and salt. Here was my first attempt.
There was definitely room for improvement, but it tasted right. Unfortunately the second time turned out much worse. Third time's a charm? So I'm not much of a cook. It's probably good though, because we haven't much of a kitchen, nor cooking utensils.

Also wanted to post the picture of the birds that live on my clothes line for Dad. It's not a great shot. I like them. It's kinda nice to just have them there in the midst of the city. It's not the same as the birds on the feeder with the woods back home, but it's better than nothing.

3 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha! So there's the wildlife! They look just like martingales. You know, you could build a little bird feeder--peanut butter, birdseed, paper towel roll. Then again, with the short supply of peanut butter there and your undying love for it, I take it we won't be seeing any homemade bird feeders on Andrew's windowsill anytime soon!
;-)

 
At 6:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Andrew,
Thank you so much for the postcard!! I am excited for next year too! But I just need to get through this one....Do you have any plans for the summer?
~Jo

 
At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew-
if you give me the chance, i will teach you how to make tortilla so that it looks and tastes pretty. maybe around graduation, if you're coming back.
-kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home